Monday, April 9, 2007

Gallery Visits


This weekend, I visited two art gallery opening night exhibits. First, on Friday night, I went to the opening night reception at the new art gallery of Greg Steffens' named Haus at 5405 N Clark Street. There was a reception for Emily Murphy, who works in clay, and I've provided a link to her work. If I had deep pockets I would certainly consider buying some of her work. This gallery-store is open every day of the week, so you can stop in and check it out. Here is a link to some of the ceramic art displayed.

http://www.hauschicago.com/gallery/ceramics/ceramics.html


On Saturday night, I went to the large Peter Jones gallery, which is located in a former warehouse near Ravenswood Avenue, just north of Irving Park Road. There was a group show there, as well as a dance performance. Though the website of the gallery includes some artwork, it doesn't have most of the work that I saw there, nor some of the work that I liked, so it's difficult to comment on art without a reproduction of it placed here.

http://www.peterjonesgallery.com/

No comments: